About the Registrar
The Registrar is an independent office holder, responsible for keeping and publishing the Register of Consultant Lobbyists.
The Registrar’s responsibilities include:
- setting up and managing the statutory Register of Consultant Lobbyists
- making sure that the industry is following the requirement to register
- publishing detailed guidance for industry about their duties under the Transparency of Lobbying, Non-Party Campaigning and Trade Union Administration Act 2014
- publishing an Annual Statement of Accounts
Alison is an experienced Non-Executive Director and Chair, who works with a range of public sector organisations undergoing transition and change.
Her executive background is in business: having qualified as an accountant and MBA, she led international operations and commercial business for the Royal Mail Group and more recently, a range of businesses in turnaround as an interim Chief Executive.
Alison currently holds the following public appointments:
- Registrar of Consultant Lobbyists;
- Chair of General Osteopathic Council/Chair of Remuneration and Appointments Committee;
- Non-Executive Director/ Chair of Audit and Risk Committee, The Queen Elizabeth ll Centre;
- Non-Executive Director/ Chair of Audit and Risk Committee, Animal and Plant Health Agency;
- Independent Member of Audit Committee, UK Statistics Authority;
- Independent Member of Audit Committee, Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.
Read more about Alison Joy White’s Public Appointments.